Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Does taste really matter, only?

Joined The Westin's Taste Matters community where to enjoying the benefits and privileges that they could offer for gastronomic adventures. FYI: It's free. A set of complimentary gift vouchers were given together with my Taste Matters membership card. I had used one of the vouchers where I will get a FREE Signature Dinner Set at The Living Room for two person which was yesterday. I asked Irene to dine along with me.

And here are the list of the menu:

As for our STARTER, there only 2-option to choose. Since just two of us, we take all! Quite disappointed when we were being served with such a SMALL portion of foods like these, as below. I know I'm a such big eater. :P


Our MAIN COURSE, also there only 2-option to choose, we take all too! I love the 'Duck and bacon roulade, orange confit with sauteed spinach, creamy orange sauce' cos the taste was special. The fine duck meats wrapped with bacon stuffed of chopped veges and covered with the sauces, superb! But negative point for the side dish of the sauteed spinach as the cook didn't really clean them properly that I ate some sands in my stomach. Doink!


Our DESSERT, there no option to choose as we were served with this. The whipped cream was not well-served as in not that 'fresh'; melted. The biscotti was nice, crunchy but a little toooo sweet. I saved some bites for my coffee. :)


Since the portion of the foods were not that much as we haven't had our dinner, we decided to call one dish which we need to pay was this. Creamy but not cheesy.


After the dinner and paid our bill which was RM17.25 for our dinner, the experience of free meal was worthless.


One thing that we were not satisfied was their service. Not to the standard of an hotel. Lack of professionalism. Free meal, can't expect more; but then, they can't do that. Its their job to serve customers the best.

Maybe if I'm a food critic/review, they could have serve me better; more caution. :)

No comments: