Sunday, November 11, 2007

I got snatched but I didn't lose anything...

Yesterday night, I was meeting up with my bunch of ex-collegemates at Kuchai Lama Oldtown coffee shop. One of them is getting married and he is giving us an invitation card. At least 12 of us were there chit-chatting for hours.

Later on I was meeting up with Irene and her friend, Shiwan for a late movie where they were fetching me at the coffee shop. Irene wanted to go to the Maybank which was nearby to press some money while I was waiting outside. I didn't went inside to wait instead outside the glass door.

Something bad happened very fast.

I could feel someone touching my shoulder where I was carrying my bag on my right shoulder. At first I was thinking maybe someone that I knew came to say 'hello' or something but then someone snatched my bag before I could see that person. I screamed while I was falling down on the ground. I was falled onto my bag. That moron thief couldn't get my bag. I screamed out Irene's name to let her know what's going on cause she wasn't aware as she was facing on the ATM machine. She quickly came out and shouted at him with 'Hoi'. That moron thief got scared but he was trying to pull/grab my bag for second attempt. Then he hopped on the motocycle with his buddy, the rider. I was standing up while looking at them fled away and I couldn't spot the number plate. But Irene has spotted the motorcycle's number plate. TO READERS, THE MORON THIEVES" NUMBER PLATE IS JKL 5789 WITH AN EX5 MOTOR. BEWARE OF THIS WHILE YOU'RE AROUND AT QUITE AREA IN KUCHAI LAMA OR AT THE BANK.

Basically I was their random victim which they haven't survey whether I had withdrawed money out from the bank. I was just standing out the bank while waiting for my friend who was withdrawing the money. But luckily I didn't lose my bag which had my valuable things. And luckily enough my bag was tough, didn't broke off of its handles. I just got small blue-black bruises on my right knee and on my left hand.

But to Irene and Shiwan, they were got scared when they knew that incident happened especially to Irene as she was shivering after she shouted at that moron thief.

After the incident, Irene wanted to report to the police as we had the number plate but we couldn't find the 'pondok polis' at Kuchai Lama. It was dark at night and we couldn't spot it. Terrible. In the end, while we were heading to our movie, Irene was calling the police by reporting the incident. She explained everything included by giving the number plate but that caller 'police' told her to report at the nearest police station. Guess they just want the official report on a piece of paper which they can refer to do the actions.

Kinda sad to see this such pathetic help from them.

As my thoughts, they wouldn't want to do the actions if they know that my bag was safe, it wasn't snatched by them. They find this as case closed until the next 'victim' has her bag snatched and she was badly wounded, then only they will do something. Duhh...

I've tried to surf on the police's webpage and pathetically their official webpages are in 'Bahasa Melayu'. How do you expect some tourist or whoever don't read that language to know better on our country's defense services? I was checking on their 'report to police' section and I saw their chart. There one chart says that if the case is accepted, then only they will catch the thieves. Guess as for my case could be not accepted cause I didn't lose my important documents as in the bag and I wasn't badly injured. I just got a little shocked from the incident. So, CASE CLOSED!

I told some of my friends about what had happened to me. They said I was lucky that I'm still alive and didn't lose anything. Bad luck was happened by the premature thieves. To some thieves were insane that might cause our lives for their fortune. Some cases were in the newspaper that some victims were stabbed or slashed to snatch their bag or even dragged them along on the harsh tar-road while victims holding on the bag and wouldn't let it go.

I should be grateful that I'm still could posting this into my blog. Lesson learnt. My mum always told me not to holding the bag on the shoulder while walking alone on the roadside or wherever which easily target for the snatch-thieves. I wouldn't listen cause I always careful with my bag that I always grab my bag closely. Now...mum's advises are always right. Never ever not to listen to them as they are more experiences to us. Parents always care of us and they know what we CAN do. They are more concern about our safety rather than our own self.

Well, folks. I'd learnt my lesson here. For you out there to be more extra careful when you're alone at somewhere. Be company with someone as long as you're not alone.
My friends advised me to have pepperspray or flash light.

But thankfully that I was with Irene and Shiwan that someone was there to help me, if not something worse could have happened.

2 comments:

sky@007 said...

mei..thank goodness you are alright. This lesson teaches us not to let down our guard when out there especially nearby a bank. Thieves or robbers always target those coming out or into the bank by snatching their money. Please becareful

xiao-ahmei said...

Thanks for the concern, Tan. Apprecited. I'm glad I'm here.

I got to be extra careful of myself.