Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Chinese New Year 2007

What did you do for your Chinese New Year?

For me, either having the holidays to go somewhere or stay at home. I was just stayed at home most of the times.
As usual, on Chinese New Year's eve and first day, my family and relatives will be having the re-union dinner together.

This year on the eve itself, Minna's mum; the family had a re-union with my family and grandma at Royal China Restaurant. That restaurant was packed like hell with people until their services were sickening. Some of the customers waited for their second dishes for an hour or even more than that. They'd ordered the package meal that the restaurant offered which come with ther set of the dinner. The customers complaint to the waiters and waitresses or even to the supervisors but there nothing in return. Ended up they just left the table without paying any. The services was sucked and slow which we got to pour own drink-tea ourselves. But lucky enough that most of our foods came all and we had a proper slow dinner that time.

And here are the 2 photos. I didn't take any foods picture.


On first day of Chinese New Year, we had another re-union dinner with my uncles, my family and grandma. This time we went to Janet's workplace, the restaurant in the club house. There were 6 families came for the dinner which we had 2 tables for the re-union, which mean got 23 people. We were in a private room for the dinner which accommodate with karaoke system. While we were eating, some of them were singing. I got the chance to sing one song that kept playing in my head, 'Moon River'. I was singing solo while my mum was impressed that I could sing. But then my singing was soft and not entertaining. I'd enjoyed singing then. Beforehand, I drank abit of red wine, then my adrenalin was rushing cause I was nervous when was my turn to sing and my face turned red even more. :)

Again just with 2 photos and no foods picture:


Collection of ang pows are same on every each year with the same quantity and same values from the same people; relatives. But I got some ang pows from my new workplace although I was just working there for more than a month. This year, I didn't do many house visiting but only at one house of my schoolmate. After all, I was loitering around in the house with watching tv and sleeping.

On 9th day of Chinese New Year is to pray the Jade Emperor of Heaven (Tian Kong) for Hokkiens people. My family was part of Hokkiens and we did our prayers by offering and did some customary protocol for paying respect to the Emperor of Heaven in the midnight.

And now back to working life...

No comments: