Saturday, April 05, 2008

Fish Theraphy

This post is gonna be like an online free advertorial. But never mind. I was given the chance to pay a visit with my writer as part to take some snapshots for her column.

We went to Garra Rufa Rish Theraphy in Bangsar. They have a pleasant place to have the fishes waiting for their victims to be eaten of the dead skin cells. Hahaa. Maybe its pleasant and quiet place cause we went there on Monday morning, that's why not many people to be eaten by the tiny fishes.

The fishes to be 'proclaimed' occur in the river basins of the Northern and Central Middle East. The owner had imported five thousands fishes to the shop and if I'm not mistaken each fish costs RM25-RM30 (commented by Garra itself that actually cost RM40-50 depending on season). It saying that the fishes consume dead areas of the skin and they are harmless small little creature that might ticklish at first once you dip your feet in.

We need to wash our feet clean before dip into the pond. In a way to be hygienics to the fishes once we put our unexfoliation feet. When I put mine, I was a bit like short-electrocute. No worry. I am not dead yet. Just a bit of sudden shock when the fishes gathered to taste my dead skins. Heeheee. They vacuum all over my feet even at the between toes. They must be very hungry or I should put this as they are 'hadrworking'. :)

It was fun but my feet were numb. Guess I must be wearing my tight jeans cos need to roll up to my knee.
Advise: Please wear something comfy yet loose pants.

Need a try? Just RM38 for half an hour session. RM72 for an hour.
If you need a companion, let me know as I can join the crowd. :)

Here is the glimpse that I took a picture and a video of my big feet:


5 comments:

Pinkity said...

OMG!! I wanna tryyyy~~~~ Look so geli though... Won't they grow bigger and bite the whole toe off? scary!!!

xiao-ahmei said...

Let we both go together-gether lar. Not really geli though but once u'll get use to it. They will grow bigger as like fat fishes. They wont bite but vacuum lar. They wont eat ur whole tiny toe lar... hehehee
Let's make a date to go there! It's fun!

Pinkity said...

It's a date!! Maybe two weeks from now.. booked for the weekend like so many things to do like that.. cheh wahhhh haha

How's the office minus me? T.T I miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Hi,
The fishes actually cost RM40-50 depending on season....:-) Glad you enjoyed your therapy...we look forward to seeing you again soon.

xiao-ahmei said...

To garra,
Thanks for the correct info that straight from you. Yah, will but dunno when. Thanks!

Pinkity,
You sure or not? We all go in a bunch of people with others...
Office was normal though u're not around. Just that less noise or that 'hei-fun'. We'd really missed you!
:)