Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada Novel

I read this novel 2 months ago when I found out the trailer in Apple Trailers and caught my attention to anticipate to wait for the movie.

I find it easy to read although some of the words I need to check on the dictionary to understand more. But bad thing about this book is that there are repetition of certain plots. Certain phrases were amazingly presented but what I like the most is the last part/end of the story on how Andrea Sachs as the junior assisstant of Miranda Priestly that 'the job a million girls would die for' ended her works with her boss in Paris.

Pretty humorous that Miranda Priestly, the most powerfull editor-in-chief for Runway Magazine who is arrogant, snobbish, unreasonableand quite bitchy too portrays its character so insanely.

Anyhow, I'd seen the movie. I found out what I had read was not exactly show in the movie. Totally different, different plots. In the novel, Andrea Sachs has drunken best friend Lily who is still studying, Nate the boyfriend who teaches in school and Emily the first assistant to Miranda was helpful and good co-worker to Andy (Andrea).

In the movie shown the totally different kind of story but adapted some part from the novel. I don't know. I doesn't like the movie as its shown. Maybe I should read one more time to understand better.

No comments: